Another day on this Journey.........


Despite the fact that stress increasingly touches the life of almost every American and that there are lifestyle changes that can help to relieve some of the worst aspects of stress. (Sifferlin, 2013).  HW410 Stress: Critical Issues in Management and Prevention was a very insightful course for me and I rather enjoy it. I believe I would how to choose two particular groups to discuss why stress management and prevention needs more focus on.

Children under the age of 17 may be unable recognize that are stress out or feeling overwhelmed. In our society today there is enormous impact on a child's feeling safe and security this can create a lot of emotions and stress. However, our young adults between 18 and 33 years old are tend to more  stressed than the rest of the population, according to a new report from the American Psychological Association.

In my client assessments I would address lifestyle and behavior changes  anxiety, insomnia, muscle pain, high blood pressure and a weakened immune system also how stress if not managed right can contribute the development of major illnesses.

Reference:

Sifferlin, A. (2013, February 7). The Most Stressed-Out Generation? Young Adults | TIME.com. Retrieved April 10, 2015, from http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/07/the-most-stressed-out-generation-young-adults/










2 comments:

  1. You are so right when it comes to people seeing what you do. In the beginning, I never talked about my weight loss journey. I felt that my outside did not match what I was living on the inside. With time and small successes, people began to notice the change and ask what I was doing. This motivated me to do more, be better, be responsible for the ones who were watching. Now each day I live knowing my actions and words are affecting people around me in ways I could not even imagine. Once a man came to me in the gym and said he watched me ride my bike to the gym and around the neighborhood for months before he got up the nerve to try it himself. He has lost over 40 lbs with this one small change in his life. He thanked me for encouraging him to do better! What a gratifying moment for me! To know that my life was a blessing on a complete stranger, it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello GraceFaith,

    I myself dealing with a lot this week and am trying to use these practices to help ease my mine. I myself found these practices over the past few weeks very beneficial. Afterwards my mind is more at ease and I am in a more calm state of mind. I still have the "bad" thoughts in my head however, they are not as bad as they were in the beginning of when we started this class. I like how you stated what you believed the phrase "one cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" meant to you. You are absolutely correct "if we want someone to change there behavior, eating habits, or have moral and value others than we must walk that line as well". Nicely said!



    ReplyDelete