The Practice of Year-End Reflection




Every year, I like to close the year out by reflecting over the past year. I find it to deepen the learning process that I’ve made and can become helpful over time. While this year has certainly left many of us speechless, and wondering how do we recovery from the shock, hurt, pain, heartaches,  and those “Oh My Goodness "  
I Can't and "Why Lawd Why Moments"
Praise Break:Take a moment to give The Most High praise that you’re still standing, thriving and surviving your journey.
So as you take a moment to reflect and collect your thoughts what has this year done for you?  Remember to Be Honest with Yourself: Honor your thoughts, feelings, and experiences with the authenticity they deserve.

Pause to reflect your year. Pause to take inventory. Pause to celebrate those milestones you accomplished.   
Self-reflection is a powerful process!
 I feel as though this years has showed me the things I’ve been working on, what I need to improve on, what I’ve been learning, what I’ve read, where I’ve gone and learning to master the art of  letting go and focus on self care. After carefully strolling through my moments of my year I decided to do a write up within the pages of a journal entry.
    Ask yourself –
  •    How do you see your future self?
  •   Things that make you sad?
  •   Reasons to Wake Up in the Morning?
  •  Things You Love?
  • Who and What is your Motivation? 
One of the major differences between keeping a journal and journal therapy is a way to your internal experiences, thoughts, and your feelings are captured. Journal therapy allows a person to write down, dialogue with, and analyze their issues and concerns (GoodTherapy.org, n.d.). I highly recommend this year-end practice, as a way to close out the year and say goodbye to all that you’ve been through.
Best regards as you approach your new shift in your life. Remember to embrace and cherish every moment and keep pressing forward on your journey.
Peace, Love and Light - Major Love, Lukysha
Reference:
GoodTherapy.org. (n.d.). Journal Therapy. Retrieved from http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/types/journal-therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment