In Her Own Words: Meet Imane Bahassine - I’m Still Fighting For My Justice


Tell me a little about yourself? (As much as you feel comfortable with)
 My name is Imane Bahassine, I’m 24yrs old I am a Muslim, and I live in Morocco with my parents and 4 sibling ( 3 girls and one boy ). I’m a college student but I work also as a customer service advisor. I love playing sports ,reading books ,cooking and taking care of myself and my family as well. I’m known as a serious independent hard worker girl, my goals is to show other who say that women are weak they can't do anything the only thing that they are good at is having kids and doing the home stuff and also to show that anybody have the right to be different.  He also to choose his own path whatever it was wrong or right the importance is to learn.
 Photo Courtesy Of Travel Explora
Morocco, a North African country bordering the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea, is distinguished by its Berber, Arabian and European cultural influences 
                        Spoken languages: Moroccan Arabic; Berber; Hassaniya Arabic
Two years ago I was a victim of rape which breaks me into pieces the worst of all of that I was raped by the person who I thought my best friend, so I tried to put him in jail but the justice was not by my side actually I was told that it's all my fault and he's just a man which breaks me even more. I was lost and start asking myself why women are treated like that? Why they can't speak? Why they can't be free? I’m still fighting for my justice and I won't stop until I get it and I hope to help other women who's been in the situation as mine and they've been shut down.
What motivates you?
My family is my biggest motivation the way that they support me gives me the strength to keep going.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
People let their ego take over and stop thinking about others
What was the worst piece of advice you ever got?
Whatever is destined for you to get, you will get that much only working hard won't affect the results.
What was the best piece of advice you ever got?
Never stop being curious always ask question explore the unknown and try new things life is about discoveries it doesn't help anyone to be stuck.
If you could talk to three people, who would they be and why?
The only three people who I trust the most are my mother my brother and my little sister. Because I trusted them, and I know they love me more than anything.
Who has been your greatest inspiration?
My failure is inspiration for me because in each and every step they teach me a profound lesson. Though my family support me but they do only some extent because am leading my own life with up and downs.
Where do you draw your inspiration from?
I draw my inspiration from Qumran it contain stories of people who fight all the way by the name of justice who did not give up who sacrificed their life for it that why I’m still fighting.
What advice would you like to leave the reader?  
I want you to know that being different it's a gift it's a blessing don't be ashamed of who you are love yourself and always tell the people who you love that you love them.

Thank you, Lukysha for giving me the opportunity to speak my mind!